Saturday 18 June 2011

Berlin, Germany

Day One - 14/06/2011
After Oslo, I flew to Berlin to meet Andy.  When I arrived he was already waiting for me.  We bought our Berlin Cards so that we could have unlimited travel around the gianormous city.  Foloowing the written instructions, we made our way from the airport to our hostel, the Schleifmeile Hostel, ran by a very nice New Zealander!  Our room was huge and had a bathroom big enough to party in!  We decided to have tea at the bar next door, linked with the hostel.  They did amazing veggie burgers!

Day Two - 15/06/2011
On day two we got up early to give us enough time to see everything we wanted to.  We started by purchasing our tckets to the TV Tower, which inevitably had a long wait before entering.  So, to pass time we walked to the Reichstag before going up the tower.


In the afternoon we walked to the Brandenburg Gate, saw some of the Berlin Wall, the site of Hitlers bunker (now a card park) and visited Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe


I got pretty excited over this lego giraffe!


Day Three - 16/06/2011
On our last full day in Berlin we spent the morning at Checkpoint Charlie and it's museum.


 
In the afternoon and evening we used our Berlin cards to their full potential and ventured out of the main city to Potsdam. Potsdam was a beautiful place, much quieter than berlin with some amazing palaces and gardens.   I had my first veggie Bratwurst and Andy had about his 10th meaty one!


I wish I had had more time in Berlin, it is such a big city and I don't feel as though I got to experience everything it had to offer.  I love how much modern history it has, it is a very interesting place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment